My name is Jeff and I'm a pastor of a small, local, Christian fellowship

It's a wonderful thing to love your work; to know that when you do it you are doing something that you were born to do. I am so fortunate to be both. I don't say I am the best at what I do. God knows that are so many others who do it better. But I do feel fairly lucky to be called by such a good God to do work I can only do with his help, to be loved by a beautiful woman, and to have a workshop where I can work my craft. These musings of mine are part of that work.
Powered By Blogger

Thursday, May 27, 2010

"Look, mom. I'm on TV!"


A few weeks ago, I sent an email to Melodee E, the editor of The Chetek Alert, simply to maker her aware that all news releases for the summer months would be coming from Kari, my now temporary Administrative Assistant. In reply, she noted the change but then wanted to know why. So, I brought her up to speed on the whole sabbatical-thing and in short order, it became news.

Still questioning if this venture was really newsworthy outside the relatively small circle of Refuge and the body of Christ in our area, Linda and I sat down with writer/reporter Anita Zimmerman last Friday at the Alert for a half hour interview. I expected her to write up a short article which would be featured on the "church" page of the Alert. So you can imagine the eyebrow moment I experienced yesterday when I realized that we had made the front page. What's more, it was a 2-pager with a nice picture of us to boot. And so we have been doubly-honored. But just so I don't get a swelled head, Matt, one of the Focus-team, retorted: "So you make the front page for doing nothing and getting paid for it." Yeah, I guess I did. As the kids would say, "sweet."

If you care to read the article follow this link:
http://www.chetekalert.com/news/community_news/article_0e0163cc-68fe-11df-836f-001cc4c002e0.html

Thank you, Mel and Anita, for your kindness extended to us. My mom and dad are faithful subscribers to the Alert and I think you made them customers for a long time to come!

No comments: